- All Honest Kitchen dehydrated foods have about 12 months’ shelf life and should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight. We don’t recommend refrigerating our food because this can introduce moisture. do hydrate the food prior to freezing it into pre-made portions.
- All Honest Kitchen treats are naturally shelf-stable and also have about 12 months’ storage life.
- All Honest Kitchen dehydrated foods come with a “tear out and keep” card with the date of manufacture printed on.
Picture credit to: Patrick Mahaney
- Once rehydrated, any Honest Kitchen leftovers should be treated like raw food and refrigerated up to 48 hours or discarded.
- Always store your Honest Kitchen pet food in its original bag as it is made to retain maximum freshness. You can reinforce this by putting the bag into an airtight container to further protect from oxygen and humidity.