Our dogs are constantly exposed to harmful environments and substances. Whether you live in the city or countryside, our dogs are exposed to viruses, bacteria, and parasites, especially in places such as vet clinics and hospitals, dog runs and open parks and fields. Even a relatively inactive lifestyle can create stress in our pooches, which may jeopardise their immunity.
The key to a healthy and happy pup is not to confine him and keep him away from these allergens or toxic substances – the best option is to ensure that his immune system is always in top working condition so that he can effectively and efficiently fight disease when it strikes.
Here are 6 ways you can boost Fido’s immunity:
- Immunoglobulins also known as antibodies, are produced by white blood cells and act as a critical part of the immune response by specifically recognising and binding to particular antigens, such as bacteria or viruses and aiding in their destruction.
- Colostrum is a milky fluid that is produced in the breasts of cows or humans, and other mammals the first few days after giving birth, before true milk forms. Colostrum contains proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, and antibodies that fight disease-causing agents. Colostrum also contains certain cytokines, which contribute to an improved immune response as they are extremely efficient when used for clinical infections.
- Echinacea enjoys widespread use as a disease preventative agent, and, in fact, is the most popular herbal supplement in North America. It stimulates several components of the immune system (including phagocytes, white blood cells, and cytokines), and has been reported in a recently published scientific study to reduce the risk of upper respiratory tract infection by 10 to 15 percent.
- Astragalus root is another herb commonly used in traditional medicine to enhance the immune system.
- Rose Hips are an excellent source of Vitamins A, B3, C, D, and E, as well as bioflavonoids.
- Garlic contains many sulfur compounds, which are believed to contribute to its protective properties. n Garlic has been proven to have antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic properties.
All Pet Purrfection Immune Maintenance
Like humans, 80% to 90% of a pet’s infection begins at the gastrointestinal tract, Immune Maintenance Formula is designed with your pet’s health in mind, especially those whose systems have been compromised by stress, nutritional deficiency, etc.
All natural ingredients selected from years of research are included in this powerful formula.
Synermune colostrum contains immunoglobulins and iron-sequestering lactoferrin, both of which can offer support in preventing infection. Smaller molecules in Synermune colostrum such as certain cytokines can aid in stimulating intracellular communication, chemotaxis, antibody production and a host of other factors.
Immune Maintenance should be given to pets on a daily basis at the following dosages:
For animals up to 50 lbs (23 kg), 1 capsule per day.
For animals over 50 lbs, 2 capsules per day.
Image Credit: Aleksey Gnilenkov, Husky Dog, CC (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)